The Upper Dublin School District has updated its guidance for our participation in its facilities. As per Dr. Yanni, Superintendent: "We are requiring masks for our athletes. This applies while they are playing and on the bench. We may change this stance in a week or two if we start to see numbers come down, but in the meantime, MCOPH is recommending this practice and we are following it as a District - and requiring it from all groups."
All Intramural and Travel basketball teams participating in UDJAA events in Upper Dublin School District gyms must comply with this policy. Again, all players will wear masks while practicing and playing in games. Coaches and spectators will also wear masks at all times within the UDSD buildings.
Travel teams may have different policies at non-UDSD property. However, all teams, including visiting travel teams, will wear masks at Upper Dublin gyms.
We will continue to update you with any changes.
Due to the pandemic and the devastating tornado, we do not have the availability of our usual number of gyms. As a result, unfortunately, we will only be having basketball this season for kids in grades 6-12. We do not have access to the courts until after Thanksgiving provided we have enough coaches.
All of our leagues will be put together by drafts; we do not take requests for players to be with coaches or their friends. We have limited space, so please register as quickly as possible. Also, please note the following:
1) Please help us out and volunteer to coach a team this season, We need coaches before we can assemble teams.
2) We are looking for commissioners for the girls and boys leagues grades 6-7.
3) The cost of registration is $130.00.
4) Currently all players and coaches will be required to wear masks during practices and games. We are following school district policy. If you feel you cannot comply with this requirement or may disagree, this might not be the season for you to sign up your child.
5) Sponsorships allow your company (or family) the opportunity to show your support for the wonderful kids that play the game every weekend.
6) If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Bob Windheim at email@example.com. Please give us 24 hours to reply.
Games will be played as follows:
Girls 6-7: Friday nights at Sandy Run
Boys 6-7: (Game days TBD) - HS Aux Gym
Boys 8-9: Saturdays - HS Aux Gym
Girls 8-12: Sundays - HS Aux Gym
Boys 10-12: Sundays - HS Main Gym
Information for coaches can be found at: