Greetings, everybody. I hope this e-mail finds you all doing well and staying healthy. If you have any questions regarding the program, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We are planning to hold volleyball clinics beginning on Saturday September 11. Click here to register. The full series of clinics cost $65.
The clinics are intended for kids in 2nd grade through 8th grade who are beginner to intermediate skilled. For the beginners, we focus on teaching basic skills. For the intermediate players, we re-enforce the basic skills and teach court strategy.
The clinics will once again be led by local high school JV/Varsity and/or Club Players. The clinics are super flexible: come to all sessions, miss a session, stay for 90 minutes or just a portion. Our goal is simply to allow the kids to learn the sport of volleyball or learn more advanced skills.
The clinics will be held generally on Saturdays in the main gym at Upper Dublin High School and will be 90 minutes, most likely starting at 1:00. All sessions are contingent of clinic leaders and availability - if the school team has a match or tournament we might need to move a session or two to a weeknight.
- As of today we expect to be able to offer the clinics in the UDHS Gym and will follow local guidance regarding mask usage.
- We will have hand sanitizer at the clinics
- Parents are expected to keep kids home if they exhibit any symptoms of COVID19 or have a fever of higher than 100.4 degrees
- If a child has attended a clinic and exhibits symptoms of COVID19 within 48 hours, please reach out to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a child tests positive, a doctor’s note will be required to return to the clinics
- In the past we have provided volleyballs, but as we did with the fall session each registrant will need to provide their own volleyball. This is an effort to try and reduce the amount of hands touching each volleyball. It is strongly recommended to wipe down the ball after each session. Back in the gym this spring we will also have extra volleyballs if they are needed. Look for information via email regarding UDJAA day at Dicks and discounts.
- 5th Grade and Under - it’s recommended to get a Volleyball Lite - Dick’s Sporting Goods sells one from Baden, Soft Light.
- Middle School - any ball is fine. I would clearly not suggest spending a lot of money on the ball, which should cost (most likely) under $20.
- While we have a great set of high school instructors, if you have played Volleyball and want to assist with the clinics please let us know. Any help we can get in signing in the participants is appreciated and looking ahead and getting more parents involved will benefit the program.
- Clinics will begin on Saturday, September 11th. All sessions on Saturday will be 90 minutes and most likely start at 1:00. If a session can't be held we will attempt to reschedule during the week.
Saturday, September 11th (HS Team might have a tournament)
Saturday, September 18th
Saturday, September 25th
Saturday, October 2nd
Saturday, October 9th
Saturday, October 16th
Saturday, October 23rd (Possible Homecoming Dance)
Saturday, October 30th
Saturday, November 6th
Saturday, November 13th